All scheduled kayak tours check in at the Lakeshore Adventure Main Office (8113 Hwy 57 Baileys Harbor, WI 54202) 15 min prior to your tour. At this time tour participants will meet the tour guides, sign waivers, and get fitted for life jackets. After evaluating the current weather conditions a decision will be made by your guides on the best tour location for that days wind and wave conditions. If conditions are acceptable for the tour you signed up for then that is where they will take you. If not they may choose a more suitable location (one of the other tours we offer) or cancel the tour all together. If a different location is chosen you will be required to participate. Next you will follow the kayak tour trailer in your own vehicle to the launch site that has been chosen. When planning you day remember that some locations require a 20 min drive and participants should plan for the maximum tour duration from start to finish including drive time of 3 to 4 hrs. The final pre launch step includes some basic paddle and safety instructions and then you are ready to hit the water for a exciting and fun filled adventure!
- The recommended minimum age is 8
- Children under 12 are to be accompanied by an adult in a tandem kayak.
- All participants must sign a Waiver of Release (a parent or legal guardian must also sign for participants under the age of 18).
- Water shoes or flip-flops.
- Sun screen and or hat.
- Light rain gear can also be nice to keep you dry during cooler temps.
- Clothing that doesn’t absorb a lot of water and dries quickly.
- Water Bottles to keep you hydrated!
- Water proof camera or phone case
- Participants will not be permitted to kayak if under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or impairing prescription drugs.
- Medical conditions of any kind, that limits physical activity, must be brought to the attention of Lakeshore Adventures prior to the tour.
- Pregnant women will not be allowed to participate.
- The following conditions will prohibit participation: existing heart, leg, arm and/or back problems limiting physical ability.
- To allow Lakeshore Adventure staff adequate time for check-in we require all participants to arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled tour time.
- Participants who arrive late may not be permitted to join their tour if it has already left the area and refunds will not be given. Your group and tour guides will leave as scheduled.
Lakeshore Adventures reserves the right to exclude anyone from participating in any and all activities for any reason which might compromise the health and safety of you, our clients or our staff. Exceptions to any of Lakeshore Adventures requirements are at the sole discretion of the management.
All participants are required to sign a participation waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to sign a waiver along with their parent or legal guardian. In the event that a minor is kayaking with another adult (not their guardian), the Waiver may be downloaded and signed by the parent or legal guardian in advance.