CLEAR BOTTOM KAYAK SHIPWRECK TOUR
Experience Door County’s historic maritime past in this exclusive Lakeshore Adventures Shipwreck Kayak Tour. Let us take you on an unforgettable Maritime journey as you paddle over several 1800’s wooden schooner shipwrecks with our clear bottom kayaks. This is our signature tour here in Baileys Harbor with over a dozen different shipwrecks resting in less than 15’ of water. This 2 hour paddle circumnavigates a small historic island with an 1820’s Bird Cage Lighthouse on it. Your guides will also take you through the outer reef system and over as many wrecks as time and visibility permit. This is the only kayak tour using our clear bottom kayaks that explores the rich maritime history both above and below the water’s surface. All kayak tours meet at Lakeshore Adventures’ main office at 8113 Hwy 57 Baileys Harbor 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour. You meeting your guides, sign waivers, and get fitted for your life jackets. Next you will follow the kayak tour trailer in your own vehicle to the launch site (about 5 min). Once the paddle/safety orientation is complete it’s time to dive into this one of a kind paddling experience. You’re not going to want to miss this adventure!
CAVES KAYAK TOUR
Get prepared for an absolutely breath taking experience as you paddle along the Lake Michigan shoreline. Experience first hand the wonders of Cave Point on this kayak tour! Over a thousand years of wind and waves have worn away limestone cliffs to create underwater caves and tunnels that are only accessible from the water. See great views of some of Door County’s most spectacular natural wonders from these caves and shoreline. This tour is approximately 3 hours and requires some endurance. Don’t worry, your guides will be there with you every step of the way and they have some great rest spots you are sure to enjoy. All tours meet at Lakeshore Adventures main office 8113 Hwy 57 Baileys Harbor 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour. At that time, you will sign waivers, meet the tour guides and get fitted for your life jackets. Next you will follow the kayak tour trailer in your own vehicle to the launch site (about 15 min). Once the paddle/safety orientation is complete it’s time to paddle and experience this incredible Door County gem. You are going to love it!
BLUFF KAYAK TOUR
Get ready to see some serious bluff formations as you paddle along the breathtaking shoreline of Hedge Hog Harbor and Door Bluff. Take in the amazing views of some of the largest limestone bluffs in the United States. This 2 hour tour departs from Garrett Bay which is located near the tip of the Door Peninsula. This location is an extremely quiet and picturesque setting with views of Washington Island, Gills Rock and Native American Pictographs in the stone face. In the crystal clear water you can see steep drop offs and the remains of the wooden schooner shipwreck “Fleetwing”. All tours meet at Lakeshore Adventures main office 8113 Hwy 57 Baileys Harbor 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour. At that time you will sign waivers, meet your guides and get fitted for life jackets. Next you will follow the kayak tour trailer in your own vehicle to the launch site (about 20 min). After a short paddle/safety orientation it’s time to enjoy this amazing place. This is one cool tour!
ECO KAYAK TOUR
Begin your exploration of the pristine protected waters of Northern Kangaroo Lake. This eco kayak tour is geared towards families with younger children and participants that just aren’t interested in navigating Lake Michigan. This 2-hour tour circumnavigates the North end of Kangaroo Lake. The North end is closed to all motor boats and is only accessible by kayak or canoe making it the perfect place to absorb the natural surroundings. We have partnered with the Ridges Sanctuary to offer this exclusive eco kayak tour guided by a Ridges Naturalist. They will guide you through this warm, shallow, and protected inland reserve is teaming with natural wildlife. So get ready for an unforgettable lesson in bio diversity! We also really like to have fun so don’t be afraid to splash your guides but I must warn you, they will splash back! All kayak tours meet at Lakeshore Adventures main office 8113 Hwy 57 Baileys Harbor 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time. At the main office, you will sign waivers, meet your tour guides and get fitted for life jackets. Next you will follow the kayak tour trailer in your own vehicle to the launch site (about 5 min). After a short paddle/safety orientation it’s time to have some water fun!
All scheduled kayak tours check in at the Lakeshore Adventure Main Office (8113 Hwy 57 Baileys Harbor, WI 54202) 15 min prior to your tour. At this time tour participants will meet the tour guides, sign waivers, and get fitted for life jackets. After evaluating the current weather conditions a decision will be made by your guides on the best tour location for that days wind and wave conditions. If conditions are acceptable for the tour you signed up for then that is where they will take you. If not they may choose a more suitable location (one of the other tours we offer) or cancel the tour all together. If a different location is chosen you will be required to participate. Next you will follow the kayak tour trailer in your own vehicle to the launch site that has been chosen. When planning you day remember that some locations require a 20 min drive and participants should plan for the maximum tour duration from start to finish including drive time of 3 to 4 hrs. The final pre launch step includes some basic paddle and safety instructions and then you are ready to hit the water for a exciting and fun filled adventure!
- The recommended minimum age is 8
- Children under 12 are to be accompanied by an adult in a tandem kayak.
- All participants must sign a Waiver of Release (a parent or legal guardian must also sign for participants under the age of 18).
- Water shoes or flip-flops.
- Sun screen and or hat.
- Light rain gear can also be nice to keep you dry during cooler temps.
- Clothing that doesn’t absorb a lot of water and dries quickly.
- Water Bottles to keep you hydrated!
- Water proof camera or phone case
- Participants will not be permitted to kayak if under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or impairing prescription drugs.
- Medical conditions of any kind, that limits physical activity, must be brought to the attention of Lakeshore Adventures prior to the tour.
- Pregnant women will not be allowed to participate.
- The following conditions will prohibit participation: existing heart, leg, arm and/or back problems limiting physical ability.
- To allow Lakeshore Adventure staff adequate time for check-in we require all participants to arrive 15 minutes prior to their scheduled tour time.
- Participants who arrive late may not be permitted to join their tour if it has already left the area and refunds will not be given. Your group and tour guides will leave as scheduled.
Lakeshore Adventures reserves the right to exclude anyone from participating in any and all activities for any reason which might compromise the health and safety of you, our clients or our staff. Exceptions to any of Lakeshore Adventures requirements are at the sole discretion of the management.
All participants are required to sign a participation waiver.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to sign a waiver along with their parent or legal guardian. In the event that a minor is kayaking with another adult (not their guardian), the Waiver may be downloaded and signed by the parent or legal guardian in advance.
7-Day Cancellation Policy
- Your reservation may be canceled up to 7 days prior to your tour date. Your payment, minus a $10 per person fee or $25 per reservation fee (whichever is less) will be refunded to you.
- You may change your reservation date or time one (1) time up to 7 days prior to your originally scheduled tour date.
- No refunds or reschedules will be given with less than 7 days notice. Your Kayak Tour reservation is transferable.
If tours are canceled by Lakeshore Adventures due to wind, waves, lightning activity or any other unforeseeable conditions, participants may:
- Reschedule for another available day or time.
- Request a full refund. Refunds will be made ASAP by Lakeshore Adventures, however, please be aware if payment is made with a debit card, the debit card company may take up to 10 days to process the refund. Please contact your debit card company with additional questions.
Rain & Inclement Weather
Tours run in all types of weather including light rain so we recommend that you dress appropriately for any type of weather. Please review our cancellation policy for complete information.
PAYMENTS & RATES
$59 per person
Full payment is due at the time of booking all reservations. Payment may be made by credit card for phone or Internet reservations. Cash payment is accepted when reservations are made in person at the Lakeshore Adventures main office 8113 Hwy 57 Baileys Harbor, WI 54202.